Common Grounds has been updated to version 1.4!
If you’ve purchased the game, you should have received an email from us, (if not, please let us know!) We hope this will be the last version and everything works for everyone forever. Thanks for your support 🙂
We have to manually reactivate download links and send emails, so it might take some time for us to send them.
If you don’t receive download links in a timely fashion, (like in a day or so, no more than a week,) please let us know and we’ll try again!
Feb 12, UPDATE:
Okay, so here’s where we’re at…
We have a working update for Windows Vista, 7, and 8. This update cannot display graphics in Windows XP. (No more splash screen, by the way!)
What we’ve decided to do is include a separate exe file just for XP users, which will not be the default one that runs at the end of the installer or optionally installed onto the desktop. It will be included in the install and optional start menu directories.
Everyone who purchased the game should receive an email sometime soon with the update announcement. While we only recommend this update to those who have experienced errors or glitches, everyone else is welcome to it. You will have to let us know if you’d like it though, as we don’t want to spam everyone’s inbox with new download links.
One last update left, just waiting on some compiles and uploads~
Feb 9, UPDATE:
Tested and works in every version of Windows after XP. Graphics aren’t loading in XP — just need to correctly define the working directory. And the manual needs updating. Looks like this is going to take at least another day…
On the positive side, let me list everything that has been fixed!
- New installers for both full game and demo
- Installers should no longer trigger certain anti-virus software
- Demo and full-game install into separate directories, no more file conflicts
- Default install directory is under your Windows user name, no more ‘error loading external function’
- Closing the game no longer triggers a once-off error (certain Windows configurations)
- Scale option removed
- Save files no longer encrypted…
- Sex animation glitches fixed
- Sex idle->thrust->back to idle sequences adjusted
- Windows 8 compatibility
- A host of minor adjustments and tweaks for maximum/future compatibility
Feb 8, UPDATE:
Just need to test the installer a couple more times, and do one more play-through. Should have it ready sometime tomorrow (Sunday).
(Technically it’s Sunday morning, but this is a report of a full day’s progress.)
Often when fixing errors and tweaking existing code, new issues will arise because of it. So having to fix anything on a play-through means I have to start from the beginning, not stopping until I make it through the game without any error.
Feb 7, UPDATE:
It would appear we don’t have to remove support for dll’s, hurray!
Have completed a host of minor updates to fix errors some users have reported having, the main one being to default installation into “%Profile” (the user’s directory) so the game will always have read/write privilege to its own files.
Now for the long process of testing changes…
We’re switching gears for a short while to update Common Grounds to better work with Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
This means House of Tail will be delayed until we finish. It shouldn’t take longer than a week, hopefully just another day or two.
- Store files into the appdata folder (no more “can’t find the file” errors due to Windows not giving the game permission to access it)
- Recode the sound, so it no longer requires a dll file
- Remove the need for the other dlls
- Create new installers
- A few cosmetic upgrades (maybe)
Will edit this entry with updates as they happen!