Thank you for buying or looking into Common Grounds!
We put a lot of work into this game and hope you’ll enjoy it. If for any reason you need some help, please check out the support page or contact us. We want to be your long term friend — any concern you have is a big deal to us!
Special Note to Windows XP Users
*** Windows XP Users ***
Please uncheck the ‘Run Common Grounds’ box at the end of the installer, and run the file “CommonGroundsXP.exe” or “CommonGroundsDemoXP.exe” located in the install directory or in the game’s start menu folder.
Please note these are minimum specifications.
It is difficult to test for everything. Your results may vary!
- Processor: Pentium 4 or better
- RAM: 2GB
- Disk Space: around 390 MB or so
- DirectX 8 or higher
- Operating System: Windows XP, ME, 2000, Vista, or 7
- Controls: 100% Microsoft compatible mouse, with a scroll wheel or keyboard
- Sound card: must be DirectX certified
- Video card: at least 32 MB of video memory,
able to show 16-bit or 32-bit color,
compatible with DirectX 8
- Minimum resolution: 800×600
Run the installer and follow the instructions.
- For the full game: “CommonGroundsSetup.exe”
- For the demo: “CommonGroundsDemoSetup.exe”
To run the game:
Locate the install folder and double click “CommonGrounds.exe” or “CommonGroundsDemo.exe” depending on your installation. If you chose to install a shortcut onto your desktop or start menu, it’s a lot easier to find!
The default install folder, (copy and paste into Windows Explorer’s address bar): “%USERPROFILE%\Fupoco”
Windows XP users: please follow these instructions.
Double click “Uninstall.exe” located in the install folder, or open your ‘control panel’, then open ‘add or remove programs’, and uninstall it from there.
Please note! Save files are not deleted during an uninstall. They are located in a seprate folder:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8: “%LOCALAPPDATA%\”
- Windows XP: save files *are* deleted by running “Uninstall.exe” and are located in the install directory under the “data” subfolder. If you accidentally started the non-XP version of the game, the save files are found here and will have to be manually deleted: “%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\”
If you ever lose your full game installer, please contact and tell us the email you used to purchase it, and we will be happy to send you another to that email address!
How to Transfer Demo Save Files
into the Full Game
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8:
Open the directory “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Common Grounds Demo\data\”, copy the files “_slot1.sav”, “_slot2.sav”, etc, and paste them into the full game’s data folder “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Common Grounds\data\”
Copy and paste the save files from “%USERPROFILE%\Fupoco\Common Grounds Demo\data\” into “%USERPROFILE%\Fupoco\Common Grounds\data\”.